Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Christmas 2013

Per usual I didn't take nearly as many pictures of Christmas as I wanted but I figure with having a month an a half baby and having had my gall bladder removed less than a week before I have some pretty great excuses right?

This was from a week or so before the big day, the boys were so excited to sleep out by the tree. They look so sweet when they are sleeping!
 On Christmas Eve the White's (my little bro, his wife and 4 kiddos) arrived from Utah. The boys were very excited to see their cousins and we are glad all the kids had some time together before my boys went off with grandma and grandpa to California.

There was a little bit of craziness in getting everyone settled in. They were supposed to be staying at my mom's house for the week but after a crazy night ended up back at our house. I felt a little bad because it was Christmas Eve and my brother asked if they could sleep in the living room (like with all their kids) and I had to say no because we were still getting things together, wrapping presents and such and I knew it would be hard for them to get any sleep in our small living room with Jason and I working around them especially with a 6 month baby. But I got things ready for them downstairs and they slept there for that night. After that they were in our living room or in the boys room because mine were gone right after Christmas.
 Anyways. Presents were wrapped, stockings filled, oats and cookies out. I love the excitement and anticipation of Christmas Eve, it makes it very hard for me to fall asleep but eventually I did. It's funny because when you're a kid you get so excited for Santa and the presents but I've found for me I get so excited about watching the kids get excited. Watching them get excited over any and everything makes me happy. The Santa thing only lasts a few short years but it is so fun to do and watch.
 A zhu zhu pet (I think that's what they are called). They are annoying as heck but they love them.
Every year I buy one or two nicer Christmas decorations to add to the collection. This year it was a piece Levi and I found at the Red Sled Bazaar where I sell my jewelry. We found this awesome black metal sled and figured it would be perfect under the tree and I thought it would be a great place to put the presents Santa brought. Luckily Santa knew where he should put the presents from him and filled it up.
 We had to wait a bit before we could open presents. Jason wanted to rush in and just do it but I made him and the boys wait because I knew the rest of my family wanted to be here to open presents. This house has always, since I was a kid, been the central spot during Christmas, though we did have a number of times when we were really little that it was at our house but for the most part everyone always goes to 'Grampy's house' We let the kids open stockings to tide them over until everyone got there.

Note, this is how Max started out in the morning. Well, technically he was wearing pj's then he got into his favorite shirt.
Jason and the largest package of Reeses ever. It's one of his favorites.
 And Max's costume change. Literally. That kid loves to dress up regardless of what day it is. While it makes for some silly pictures it's real and very Max. And I just plain didn't care or have the energy to make him wear some normal cloths. Sometime you have to pick your battles.
 Again, my very favorite thing about Christmas since I've had kids is seeing their faces, look at them!
 Levi was very patient because being the mean mom I am made things go a little slower this year than the free for all's that have happened in years past. While we didn't exactly open one present at a time we did a few people open at a time, kind of show what they got and then moved on with breaks to pick up trash in between. I was much happier mama taking it slow.
 Batman!
 Levi picked out some sort of race car for the ipad for Max and it looks like he liked it.
 The Whites who all got race cars which they loved. 
 Santa gifts! It seems he knew exactly what these Goodrich boys like.
 Legos, anything Lego.
 Jared and Miranda with baby Averie (I hope I'm spelling her name right this time, I always seem to second guess myself....)
 Barkley came for Christmas. Good thing because he got to open the first gift, a huge bone from Max and Levi which he ate in record time. We hadn't even finished opening presents by the time he made it disappear. We love Barkley.
 Henry with his race car.
 Pouring over a book.
 Gabe got a tie. I wonder if he wears those to work....he's a drama teacher btw and I'm not sure what the attire is for it.....there's always church at least!
 Every Christmas, Birthday, Valentines Day people ask me what I want and I almost always say 'nothing' probably because I have just about everything I need and want. Usually what I want is something personal, thoughtful and often isn't even tangible at all.

I got a bunch of wonderful things for Christmas but to be honest this was probably my favorite, it made me mist up, almost got tears out of me (I'm not much of a crier). This present was from Max and he made it in preschool. His teacher had mentioned several times that he was working so hard on it and she honestly hadn't seen anyone take so much time on it. I was excited to see what it was he'd been working these past weeks on.

All wrapped up in homemade wrapping paper and a card he made.
 Jason got to open it.
 It was the cutest nativity set ever. I love it so much and I can't believe he did that. All those gems on the wise men, cute baby Jesus, all those animals. I love it and I am going to keep it forever!
And then their was Jason's big gift. He's so hard to shop for because he so extremely specific about what he wants weather it's cloths, tools, camping gear.....it's hard to just go and buy something so I have to get creative because I don't want to get a gift just for the sake of getting something I want, like everyone I suppose, for the other person to actually like and use whatever it is especially when that person is my husband or kids.

So I thought of this gift probably 6 months ago and began gathering supplies. He has told me he loves it and has even made a couple additions to put on his desk at work with more sports guys. I just wasn't positive what sports Nike does, they apparently do a lot. We have yet to find a golf Lego guy though.
Davis chilled with me. I love this kid! Next year I'm sure he will be very involved in it all. He actually napped for most of the present opening but hung out with everyone afterwards.
Toes. And I love these pj's, the soft zipper terrycloth ones. It makes me want to snuggle with him even more.
All the watching and playing tuckered him out. Again. This kid is a great sleeper. So far that is.
My sister was awesome and when we were talking about what to get the boys I told her movies because these boys have tons of toys and I knew they would be getting lots more. We also almost never buy movies so to have a newly released movie is kind of awesome because the boys get lots of use out of them.  Aunt Rose got Monsters University and Despicable Me 2 which the boys LOVE so  we watched Despicable Me 2 Christmas night. There is part in it toward the end where the evil minions are going after everyone and so it's a little tense. Levi got a little nervous. My favorite thing about watching kids movies is watching my kids watch them and react to things and with this one there were tons of giggles. Minions are hilarious.

No comments: