Saturday, January 25, 2014

Slow Saturday

Normally Levi has wrestling tournaments but it was cancelled last Saturday, so it was a much more relaxed day than planned.

I have been trying to start doing a family cleanup Saturday and have even resorted to doing a list. I tried doing one without it but nothing would get done and I would get frustrated with everything.

When I was a youngen' I used to spend the night at the Morins a lot, usually on Friday nights which meant I was there Saturday morning and a lot of times into the afternoons. So that is where I first saw this idea. Kate would have a list that she put out on the counter (this was back in their small house, which I kind of miss) then everyone had to clean until it was all done. I had never done it before but knew I liked it and if I ever had kids I would do it too. It was a great time because we would usually listen to fun music and it was always a big team effort because we all wanted to get done as fast as we could so we could play. 

So a couple weeks back I started the list for a number of reasons. My ideal is to have a semi clean house Saturday so I don't have to stress so much Sunday trying to get things ready for the week because it sucks to start the week off with a messy house and no laundry done. I'm just a happier person when I start off the week with things clean and everything ready to go.  Also I wanted to have a good time where I could teach the boys how to clean something properly when I am not stressed because to be honest I don't do a very good job of it during the week. I usually have too much going on to show them how to do something new without being semi-stressed. So I figured a Saturday would be a good time to work on new skills because everyone should know how to clean a toilet and wash a window properly. Lastly I did it for more time. I could do it all myself but I have ADD when it comes to cleaning sometimes. I get distracted and get involved in one thing, then find another then another. This keeps things on track so the job gets done and we all stay focused so we can move on to much funner things. So far it has gone pretty well though I'm pretty sure Jason hates it.
After we cleaned up the house Davis took a nap while Jason got some work done so the boys and I could go off to run some errands. We stopped off at the library, dropped off a bunch of mail, got milk, picked up Levi's meds. While we were waiting for the pharmacy (we got their during their lunch break) the boys showed me this. At first I had no idea what it was but they definitely did. After they told me it was a cat toy they both said very loudly and excitedly "It turns a lazy cat into a crazy cat!" Commercials. It's so funny just how much those guys asorb. Levi has mentioned getting Gerber life insurance, starting a company when he grows up to help baby animals who don't have a mom for just 'one dollar a day',  not drinking carmel colored soda because theirs some kind of chemical (though I think that was from some sort of show) and the list goes on.
After all the cleaning and errands my mom took the boys and I to see Frozen which we loved. I don't know why but Max did not want to go at all at first, we almost left him at home with Jason and Davis but at the very last second, while my mom and Levi were in the van, I some how got him to come. He loved it though there were a few parts he got scared at. He's such a funny guy, sometimes he's so brave and others not at all.

No comments: