Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Snaps and How to Torture a 4 Year Old

He loves watching things from his bouncer. I have decided I love sleepers with zippers. So much so as I was thinning out Davis next round of cloths I sorted out all the snaps because, who has time for that? But this one I couldn't part with because both Levi and Max wore it and it just reminds me of my baby boys. One day I'll have to find the pictures of the other boys in it.

  Max is such a funny guy. I really wanted to get a picture of his new hair cut. First let me tell you about it. I would have taken pictures before or during but it was torture for all involved.



First off Max HATES haircuts. That's why his last one was probably 6 months ago and I made sure to do it short just because of that. What he hates the most are the clippers, which is how I normally cut the boys hair. He doesn't seem to mind scissors though. After putting off cutting it I finally convinced him one morning to do it while Levi was at school. Towels were laid down in front of the TV, his favorite show was on, scissors were out and I got started with the scissors. It was looking terrible. While I think I can do a decent job with the clippers I just don't have practice with scissors, especially with a wiggly, very impatient and stubborn boy. So long story short I ended up holding him down doing my best with the clippers.

The whole time Davis was in his bouncer watching everything. I'm suprised he didn't freak out with all that screaming. And funny story. Right before getting started I had paused a moment to take a picture of Davis because he was looking extra cute. After it was over I looked on my phone and realized I somehow ended up video taping the whole thing. You can't see anything because the phone was faced down but you can hear the whole grudge match. It's kind of hilarious and I might just keep it though it's pretty much 20 minutes of Max screaming while I did my best to stay calm. I'm actually  suprised how calm I was and patient I sounded. From the sound of things you'd think I was killing him. I sure hope child protective services never get their hands on it because that's what it sounds like. Well it happened and I hope by the next round, Max's fear of the clippers is gone.
These were the best shots I got from my camera despising guy. The scarf? Mine. He totally stole it from me but it was a bribe so he would let Levi stay in 'his' seat and he sat in the back. It worked.


I decided to snap a picture of Levi's lunch after I'd made it. I actually really don't mind making lunch for him (we'll see how I feel about it in a few years and multiply it by 3). But it's fun picking things out, not that it's ever very interesting or anything. My favorite is picking out the joke I stick in there. I found a bunch online and printed them at the beginning of the year so they would be ready .
And I am back at it, menu planning that is. It has been a while. Probably 9 months at least because being pregnant, having a baby, and getting the gall bladder out sure threw off my groove. Planning a menu helps me stay so much more organized because I don't have this nagging thought of 'what am I going to make for dinner?'  I do my two week grocery shop so I have everything ready and don't need to go out and buy anything and since it's right there I can do prep earlier in the day.

I can tell it's been a while because now Levi can now read really well and is reading it every day and asking about it. He was totally thrown off and baffled when I switched a few days around. But I have felt less stress since starting back up again and yea for being organized!
This is what I found on a Word document after Max snuck in after he was supposed to be in bed. I'm not sure what he was trying to write.....
Digging for treasure.

Max is a tough one getting to sleep. He knows I am a sucker because he'll come out of his room, look at me and say "I love you mom". How can I yell at that? Or he'll sweetly ask if I can come rub his back which I can't refuse. In only a few years he will probably want nothing to do with back rubs from mom so I will take them while I can as inconvenient as they might be.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Oh man, I so need to get back on top of meal-planning. I used to be really good about it but have fallen out of the habit. But it's true-so much less daily stress.

And I feel you on the haircuts. But Bennett and Hudson both need them BAD right now and I'm just avoiding it for as long as possible. And scissors? I wouldn't have the first clue how to use them. Eeek. Youtube? ;)