Sunday, January 19, 2014

Schooldays

Max definitely has his own opinions about anything and everything. One thing he has taught me is to pick my battles and one of them I don't really care about is what he wears to some extent. I do say no to shorts in the winter and coats when needed. Other than that anything goes.

Normally he loves wearing long sleeved shirts with shorts but again I make him wear pants when it's cold so when I told him to go change into some pants this is what he came back with. For some reason he really wanted to wear his church vest. So he wore a tee shirt, church vest, athletic pants and coat and cowboy boots.
Oh and a hat and sunglasses. Naturally.
A little nose pick and then he realized I was taking pictures.



The boys LOVE to dress up. Mostly it's superhero stuff but we have a huge box full of any and all boy costumes. So when Max's friend Caden came over for a playdate and dinner they just had to show him all the costume choice. And then it was battle time.
Caden is extremely silly like Max. It was so much fun to see them play together.
For Christmas I had some money I had received from various people and so I decided to get a kindle. First off I love to read. I could read all day if I could and used to back when I didn't have kids and had a day off. I always thought I wouldn't like an e-reader because I really do enjoy the feel of a good book. The weight of it, turning the pages...it's just so satisfying. But I thought this might work well because while I love to read I haven't lately for various reasons. I don't get to the library as often as I'd like (for me at least, it's usually a quick trip to grab the boys books but I don't have a ton of time to browse for me). Buying books is expensive and even then I normally only read it once or twice and then have to store it because I feel to guilty having spend such and such amount only to give it away. Also I hate to say it turning pages is a bother. I like to read at night before bed and it's loud and I know has kept Jason up despite my best efforts to be quiet, the same goes for when I'm feeding Davis not that I'm trying to be quiet but it can be awkward feeding and holding a book and turning pages. Such a first world problem.

I love it so much! I have already read a number of books and just can't wait to read every day. I'm such a nerd but books make me happy. And so while Max was at preschool, I was feeding Davis and Levi was sprawled out reading his own book. He was very excited when I told him it could store 1,000 books. When he's old enough we'll probably get him his own. He's turning out to be quite a bookworm and I love it.
When Jason comes home he'll usually take a moment and play with the boys before things have to get done. This time he was with Davis and he did a pretty good job at dodging drool bombs. This kid has definitely been my drooliest and most spit-upy baby. I just made those two words up.

No comments: