Friday, June 17, 2011

Helvatia 10k

Ever think to yourself "I can't do that?" yeah, I do that with a lot of things. When my sis first proposed us doing a 10k a while back I was not so thrilled with the idea (but at least it wasn't the Hood to Coast which she's been trying to get me to do for years). But then I started running for longer and longer distances and thought, why not?

I did about a million times better than I thought I would, especially after the 5k I did the week before which was pretty much torture for me without my music and in the crazy heat. Luckily it was overcast and my ipod was charged and ready to go. I even had a fantastic friend Danielle of mine doing the half marathon (I have no idea how anyone runs for THAT long without dying. She did great!)
Scarlett did an amazing jobs as well and totally smoked me!
I was overall happy with how it went. I finished 6 minutes faster than I had done the week before, didn't stop once, and wasn't even last!

My pace was pretty steady and I even passed a bunch of people and stayed past them. I know it might sound bad but I LOVED passing people, a number of who were literally half my size.
Though I was exhausted by the end, I was SOOOO happy to have accomplished my goal. I'm pretty sure I'm doing this again.

4 comments:

Sara Newton said...

Good job! And you're right, the half marathon is WAY too far to run, don't ever convince yourself to do it.

Carly said...

You are a champion.

Megan said...

You are amazing! I've been wanting to try a 10K but haven't been brave enough yet :) Way to go!

Danielle said...

you rock kendra!!! and it was so fun getting to hang out with you and your sis that morning. but seriously, a lot of people say the same thing about 10k's. you could totally do a half marathon if you wanted! just build little by little and you'll be there. now, i can't say if it was worth it yet though, i'm still limping a week later, lol.