Thursday, June 9, 2011

Washed Out

I am sitting down watching the tail end of 3rd Rock from the Sun, which I think I need to get from Netflix. Absolutely hilarious.

Last night I stayed up far too late and was woken up far too early so I've been running on about 4 hours of sleep. Definitely taking a nap after I decide weather I'm cleaning up the living room or kitchen first (which were both clean this morning). That and write. Writing is therapeutic for me.

Despite the lack of sleep I think I've been fairly productive. I finished up a cake that I made for my sister's birthday party tonight, which was pretty tricky to do with little fingers in my face wanting a bit of frosting and hearing protests from Max that it's not Aunt Rose's cake but his. Toddlers are so selfish.

At 10:30 Levi was demanding lunch so I distracted him for as long as I could and had them 'help' me make sandwiches. Levi insisted on a picnic on the deck,we have a picnic pretty much everyday. I guess it makes eating that much more exciting. Kids are thrilled by the smallest
things.

When they finished I looked at the clock and it was only 11:30. Ugh. So I decided it was high time I teach the boys how to wash a car since it was so nice outside. They actually did a pretty good job for little kids. We watered the strawberries and upon his insistence I soaked Levi with the hose. He loved it. But by the end of it all Max was D-O-N-E. Everyone is now changed and napping, except for me, which won't be for long.

1 comment:

Carly said...

I don't know why, but I love this post! Sounds so familiar to my life :).

ps. I'm not sure I ever left a comment on any of the posts you did on either of your blogs about Max's party. WOW. I loved every single thing! YOu are so fun and creative. Happy Birthday, Max!