Sunday, June 26, 2011

Man Day 2011

It was a good Father's Day round' here (at least I think so!) A couple days before I let the boys go crazy with painting a poster for dad. They loved it.
Morning of "we" made breakfast in bed before church and remembering what happened Mother's Day with the boys wanting to join, had plates for all three boys ready to go.
When we were at the store looking for cards Levi knew instantly what one dad 'needed'. Guesses? It was a superhero music card. They both loved it, in fact Max carried it around opening and closing it for quite a while before he let me put it in the envelope for good.
And for the present, I asked Levi what he wanted to get dad. After a couple seconds of thinking he said "A transformer!" I laughed and told him to think hard about what dad would like and he said "A transformer, I broke his old one." Awwww! Jason had a transformer from when he was a kid that the boys had been playing with till it broke. So the seemingly selfish gift actuaully is pretty thoughtful.

Despite the fact the tranformer was for dad, he talked about it at least once a day till father's day, wanting to play with it, saying "Dad is a good sharer".
Now it is sitting in our bedroom on the dresser and is 'daddy's toy' though I'm pretty sure Levi has played with it a lot more than his dad, unless Jason pulls it out and plays with it when I'm not looking.
Then later in the evening we had some buffalo steaks on Jason's big Father's Day gift, a grill fit for the manliest man I know. We've already used it numerous times and hope to use it a lot this summer!

No comments: