Sunday, June 12, 2011

Memorial Day at Lake Merwin

This year we got to go to my dad and stepmom's place up in Lake Merwin, Lake Merwin Camper's Hideaway. It's a pretty unique place. All structures have to have some sort of 'RV' as their base (for legal/zoning purposes I believe) and it's pretty interesting what people come up with. Sometimes you just wonder where the RV is, it looks so elaborate, while others look like they haven't been visited in years. I love my dad's. It's simple and allows you to go 'camping' but with a lot of comfort but not so much like you feel your at a hotel or something. Perfect when you have little kids. There's even a 'backyard' area to set up tents if you'd like.
A BBQ and place to roast marshmallows. Mmmm. So many marshmallows. Also we are just a walk away from the pool which is nice. We got pretty wrinkly there.
Hot chocolate while we waited for Max to wake from his nap. That's right he napped. In fact they both did for two days in a row while Jason and I roasted marshmallows (ok that was mostly me) and played card games.
Did a little hiking off trail. They loved it, and so did dad. At the park area we worked with Levi on how to push himself. He's getting the hang of it.

It rained a lot more than we wanted, but it's the Northwest, go figure, and we watched a bunch of fun movies they haven't seen before. The Little Mermaid, The Great Mouse Detective and some other one I can't remember.
For some reason Max thought this was hilarious.
We even had a pet spider who made his home just outside the window. His name was Fred.
But want to know what we REALLY spent most of our time doing? Throwing stuff in water. They loved it. Levi even made a game called "Does it Float?"
Thanks to dad, world class rock thrower, they became quite good at it. You can definitely see the difference.
Silly daddy.
It was a great trip and I'm excited to go back again soon, which is perfect because I've looked at other campsites and holy cow, there are so many completely booked already and the sun yet to really make an appearance!!!!!

1 comment:

The Hedges said...

You make me miss home! We went to Lake Merwin every Saturday to waterski when I was in HS. : )