Monday, June 6, 2011

Those Boots Were Made For Walking

Recently we went on a hike, which was more of a walk, with some friends over on Sauvie Island. It was a great day, the sun was out but not too hot and the boys LOVED being outdoors.
I love getting flowers from my boys, I get at least three a day.
We found some cool old houses and buildings. They loved this one because it echoed so much. They kept hollering "ECHO, ECHO!!" at the top of their lungs.

Bugs. We found a bunch.
And both boys ate a lot of food and snacks along the way. It's so funny because even when I think I've packed a ton its either not enough or just right. I guess 'hiking' builds up an appetite.
My little man is so silly. I was carrying a backpack with water, snacks and such and at about the halfway point I had taken it off, probably to get one of the many snacks, and Max decided HE needed to carry the backpack. He was quite relentless about it regardless of my negotiating skills, but I gave in and he carried it about 10 feet before he quit.
After a while the path started to get kind of swampy but we thought if we kept going the trail would clear up.
Yeah,lets just say it didn't and we turned around. But, I must say, both boys enjoyed every last sloshy step they took. They filled their boots and got most of their pants wet. Max was EXTREMELY angry when it all ended, I had to carry him screaming and every time I put him down he would turn around and start to run back to the water. Ten minutes of me carrying him screaming, kicking me and giving him an apple he finally gave up and forgot about it. After that we had a little bit of a walk back to the car and I fully expected both boys to complain or want me to carry them, especially Levi because he doesn't usually like to be in wet cloths, but they were great!
Levi even proclaimed it was the "best adventure EVER!"

1 comment:

cymagen said...

I'm really impressed with your picture taking abilities lately!!! Great job.